Here’s an update about a poetry course I’m teaching this April alongside Dave Lordan at Big Smoke Writing Factory. Really looking forward to it.
Poetry – reading it, writing it, editing it.
SATURDAYS, starting 11th April 2015, 11am-1pm, 8 weeks, 200 euro.
A course for those who enjoy reading and writing poetry and want to take their practice to the next level. All aspects of poetry – reading it, writing it, editing it – will be touched on and the emphasis will be on assisting workshop participants to finish a strong portfolio of new poems.
The workshop will be led by Jessica Traynor and Dave Lordan, both published poets with an excellent teaching record.
- Week 1: Finding inspiration and gathering material
- Week 2: The poet’s library and reading list – negotiating the canon
- Week 3: Metaphor and simile
- Week 4: Sound and rhythm
- Week 5: Drafting and re-drafting
- Week 6: The poem out loud – public reading and poetry for stage and radio
- Week 7: The poetry journal and poetry publishing world
View original post 43 more words